We are excited to welcome new ambassador and windsurfer Emily Hall to Team Sunwise! Emily, 18, is a member of the RYA British Youth Sailing Team and competes in Windsurf Racing, Freestyle, Slalom and SUP. She is also a SSW Windsurfing Zone Squad Coach so will be doing a lot of coaching over the season and enjoys helping the next generation of racers.
- 3rd U15 IWA Techno 293 OD World Championships 2011
- 1st U17 IFCA Junior Slalom World Championships 2012
- 1st Lady National Windsurf Festival Expression Session 2012 & 2014
- 2nd Lady, “Queen of the Wind” EFPT Weymouth 2012
- National Champion Girls U15 Techno 293 2010, 2011
- 1st U19 Girl UKWA Slalom Ranking 2012 & 2014
- 2nd Lady UKWA Freestyle Ranking 2012
- 3rd U17 RSX Youth European Championships 2013
- 2nd U17 RSX Youth European Championships 2014
- 15th U19 RSX Youth European Championships 2016
- 22nd U19 RSX Youth World Championships 2016
- 4th U19 Youth Eurosaf European Championships 2016
- 1st U19 youth Girl/2nd U19 overall British National Championships 2016
- RYA National Junior Squad 2010-2012
- RYA Youth Transition Squad 2013/14
- RYA British Youth Sailing Team 2014-2016
Alongside striving to be the best she can in every discipline of windsurfing, instructing/coaching to pass on her enthusiasm and love for the sport to others and enjoying the lifestyle and experience along the way Emily’s goals for the new season include:
- Cementing a place in the Slalom scene and look to achieve top 5 results.
- Get more involved in PWA windsurfing events and women’s slalom.
- Focus on freestyle with the goal to compete in this area in the future.
Emily will be training weekly including 3-4 cardio sessions, 2-3 strength and conditioning sessions and traveling to different locations around the UK at the weekends to on water train.
The 2017 season already includes the IFAC Slalom Youth & Masters World Championships, IFCA Women’s Slalom World Championships and BUCS Nationals Windsurfing with other competition dates to be confirmed. Emily will also be coaching through the 2017 season and travelling abroad to warmer climates to train when there is the opportunity.
Emily will be wearing the popular Nectar Brown model which offers original Sunwise features and quality in a fashionable British design. The lenses have water and impact resistant properties and offer 100% protection against UV rays whilst the wrap around style and flat arms provide maximum comfort for long days out on the water.